Thursday, December 15, 2011

Next year's schedule unfolds...

I decided not to enter the lottery for Western States - I'd rather focus on a couple of solid 100's before graduating to a more rigorous schedule.

The big races:

March 30-31: Badger Mountain Challenge 100 - Kennewick, WA

May 12: Quad Rock 50 - Fort Collins, CO

August 18-19: Leadville 100 - Leadville, CO

October 7: Blue Sky Marathon - Fort Collins, CO


Maybe/maybe-not:

February 18: Hagg Lake 50K - Forest Grove, OR

OR

February 18: Moab Red Hot 50K - Moab, UT

June 23: Black Hills 50 - Rapid City, SD

And maybe one or two of the 10 milers offered in the Winter Distance Series in Littleton. On the one hand, Hagg Lake is epic - lots of mud and PacNW camaraderie - but it will require a plane flight. On the other hand, I've never been to Moab, and it is 'closer' (I have no delusions about the length of the drive). Probably Hagg Lake.

I have heard that the Black Hills races will put hairs of iron on your chest. Participation depends upon whether the grueling Quad Rock 50 in my hometown will eat me alive. Lory State Park and Horsetooth Mountain are not things to be toyed with...

No comments:

Post a Comment